The Unleashing the Potential of our Health Workforce Review is now under way. The review team wants to hear from anyone with an interest in the scope of practice of Australia’s health professionals working in primary care.
This important review explores potential reform to how health professionals work across the primary health care system and how they can operate more effectively.
In this first call for submissions the review team is seeking views about the barriers and the enablers to working to full scope of practice.
The team wants to hear from:
- the health care workforce
- health professions
- education and training providers
- employers and professional bodies
- indemnity and private health insurance providers
- anyone else with an interest in health practitioners’ cope of practice.
The review also seeks examples of conditions that have enabled multi-disciplinary teams to work at the top of their scope of practice delivering better care. Examples can be:
- first-hand accounts
- reference to available literature.
Submissions are open until 16 October 2023.