The Medical Costs Finder website was launched to help patients plan for their private health procedure. New videos explain how the website helps patients:
- find the typical costs for common private health treatments in different locations across Australia
- understand and plan for the costs of private treatment early in the journey
- access tips to confidently discuss medical costs with a specialist.
These videos will run on social media channels and in medical waiting rooms throughout Australia.
A range of resources for health professionals are also available about the Medical Cost Finder.
- Fact sheet – A guide for GPs – Referrals to Medical Specialists (GP)
- Printable poster – Planning a private health procedure?
- Stakeholders kit
- So, you need to see a specialist?
- A guide to out-of-pocket medical costs – helping you plan for the cost of medical treatment – Also translated into Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Korean Chinese, and Vietnamese.
- A guide for patients – choosing a specialist