The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care is releasing the Stillbirth Clinical Care Standard at the Annual National Stillbirth Forum. This event will be held on Friday, 4 November 2022.
At the launch, a panel of leading experts will discuss the challenges of this issue, which affects 2,000 Australian families every year. The panel will discuss:
- stillbirth risks
- strategies to help reduce risks
- the role of clinical investigations after stillbirth
- bereavement care after any perinatal loss
- culturally safe care.
The Department encourages Healthcare professionals involved in maternity and perinatal care to participate.
- Associate Professor Liz Marles, Commission Clinical Director and GP
- Professor Adrienne Gordon, neonatologist
- Professor Caroline Homer AO, leading midwifery researcher
- Professor David Ellwood, obstetrician and gynaecologist
- Ms Deanna Stuart-Butler, adviser on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
Register at: https://safetyandquality.tv/
For more information, visit: safetyandquality.gov.au/stillbirth-ccs