Don’t miss your chance to provide your feedback on the draft National Dementia Action Plan before consultations close on January 31.
The plan is a 10-year initiative between the Australian Government and state and territory governments. It will mean:
- a coordinated approach to risk reduction
- early diagnosis
- better support for carers
It is designed to:
- provide a national vision – for greater inclusion of people living with dementia, their carers and families
- guide action by governments – so health, acute and aged care systems work more seamlessly and broader policies and programs consider dementia
- drive mainstream services and systems – to improve outcomes for people living with dementia, their carers and families
- develop an accountability framework – so we can measure progress
- engage, inform and involve the whole community – to achieve a society that’s more understanding and more inclusive of people living with dementia.
Your voice is important to ensure that the views of people with lived experience of dementia are reflected in Australia’s priorities for action on dementia over the next 10 years. This includes:
- people living with dementia
- their carers, families and friends
- people who work in primary care, health, acute or aged care
- researchers and academics.
Have your say
- Post your feedback to National Dementia Action Plan, MDP 765, GPO Box 9848, Canberra ACT 2601
- Call 1800 565 789 to provide feedback over the phone or request a hard copy
You can find more information on the consultation hub.
Consultations close on 31 January 2023.