All interested individuals, including unsuccessful nominees, have the opportunity to provide submissions as part of the Review process. Submissions will remain open until 1 April 2021.
Submissions should be no longer than two pages, excluding attachments, and sent to:
Postal: Mail Drop Point 861, Sirius Building, 23 Furzer Street, Woden ACT 2606
For further information please email the Cardiac Services MBS Reviews Team at email@example.com
Announcement of Chair
Professor Sally McCarthy MBBS, FACEM, MBA, FIFEM has been selected as Chair for the ECG Review Committee and is currently:
- senior emergency physician at the Prince of Wales Hospital in Sydney
- Director of the Emergency Department of the South East Regional Hospital in Bega
- Chair of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) National Program, and member of ACEM’s Council of Advocacy Practice and Partnerships
- member of the National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce IPC Panel, and
- President of the International Federation for Emergency Medicine.
Professor McCarthy's previous roles include:
- inaugural Medical Director of the ACI Emergency Care Institute NSW;
- Clinical Lead for the NSW Whole of Hospital Program, and
- President of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine.
Proessor McCarthy was Chair of the Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine Committee of the MBS Review Taskforce. She continues active involvement in a number of ACEM college committees, including the Rural Regional and Remote Committee.