We contracted the Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre, University of Tasmania, to develop the Equip Aged Care Learning Packages. These packages consist of 14 modules designed for carers, personal care workers, nurses, allied health professionals and volunteers working in the aged care sector.
All 14 modules are free of charge and available now.
The modules cover aged care related topics, including:
- the Australian Aged Care System
- the role of nurses, personal care workers and allied health professionals working in aged care
- the Aged Care Quality Standards
- supporting people living with dementia
- palliative and end-of-life care
- person-centred care
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness
- trauma-informed care
- promoting mental health and wellbeing
- cross cultural awareness
- oral health promotion
- prevention of falls
- wound management and pressure injury prevention
- hearing health.
Each module takes around 10 minutes to complete from a phone, tablet or computer. A free, downloadable certificate of completion is available for each module, with an additional certificate available on completion of all modules.
More information is available on the Equip Aged Care Learning Packages website.