Minister for Health and Aged Care
Minister for Aged Care
Minister for Sport
Assistant Minister for Health and Aged Care
Assistant Minister for Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
Assistant Minister Rural and Regional Health
Assistant Minister for Indigenous Health
Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts from the ministers of the health portfolio.
- The Department of Health and Aged Care, in collaboration with the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care, have updated national guiding principles to improve the quality and safety of medication management for all Australians.
- Read the transcript of Minister Butler's doorstop on new Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme medicines for high cholesterol, chronic heart failure, and a potentially life-threatening blood cell condition.
- From 1 December 2022, Australians with high cholesterol, chronic heart failure, and a potentially life-threatening blood cell condition will have access to new and updated medicines under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
- The Australian Government has been made aware of plans by Southern Cross Care in Tasmania to restructure and make redundant sections of its skilled nursing workforce.
- An RMIT University research program aiming to minimise cardiac complications for patients receiving radiotherapy is one of ten projects funded through the $50 million National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Synergy Grant scheme this year.
- The Australian Government is providing greater support to ease the heartbreak of stillbirth and miscarriage among higher-risk groups.
Archives for former ministers
Media releases, speeches and transcripts from former ministers of the Health portfolio are available in the former ministers' media centre.
Visit the National Library of Australia's web archive for older media releases, speeches and transcripts.