You can narrow down the results using the filters
- An extra 160 medical students each year will begin end-to-end rural medical training at six new medical school programs in rural communities, thanks to a $90 million investment from the Australian Government.
- The Australian Government is providing $1.7 million to Eating Disorders Families Australia to deliver tailored support to families and others caring for people with eating disorders.
- Read Assistant Minister McBride's speech at the Rural GPs Conference in Coogee.
- Communities in the Goldfields region are set to benefit from improved health care following Australian Government investment in local health education and clinical training.
- A new permanent Head to Health adult mental health service is now open in Mount Gambier, providing free access to quality mental health care for people living in the region.
- The people of Armadale and surrounding areas have access to free, quality mental health support with a new Head to Health adult mental health service now open.
- Read Assistant Minister McBride's speech at the Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia National Conference
- Read Assistant Minister McBride's speech at the 18th Congress of the International Society for the Study of Personality Disorders.
- Residents of Hawkesbury and surrounds now have permanent access to free quality adult mental health supports with the opening of Hawkesbury Head to Health.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's interview with Scott Levi on the Tuggerah Lakes Private Hospital; national skills agreement; fee-free TAFE.
- Read Assistant Minister McBride's speech at the Rural Medicine Australia Conference 2023 in Hobart
- The Australian Government, along with all state and territory governments, have developed and endorsed a plan to build Australia’s mental health workforce.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride and Tom Oriti on World Mental Health Day; National Mental Health Workforce Strategy; Voice to Parliament.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's press conference in Orange on First Nations health; Voice to Parliament; listening driving better solutions; World Mental Health Day.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's doorstop on Cessnock Urgent Care Clinic.
- Read Assistant Minister McBride's opinion piece published in the Daily Advertiser
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's press conference in Wagga Wagga on First Nations health; listening driving better solutions; farmer and tradie mental health.
Radio interview with Assistant Minister McBride and Sam Robinson, ABC Riverina Breakfast - 4 October 2023Read the transcript of the radio interview between Assistant Minister McBride and Sam Robinson on rural and regional health; NSW Birth Trauma Inquiry; mental health.
Television interview with Assistant Minister McBride and Ortenzia Borre, Sky News Breakfast - 3 October 2023Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's interview with Ortenzia Borre on the NSW Bilateral Regional Health Forum; Medicare investments; Medicare Urgent Care Clinics; the health workforce pipeline; Disability Royal Commission.
- Three research teams will share in over $5.1 million in targeted funding from the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) to investigate ways to improve the physical health of people with mental illness.
- The Albanese Government is delivering on its commitment to make it easier for residents of the Central Coast to get the urgent care they need with providers selected for their two Medicare Urgent Care Clinics (Medicare UCC).
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride about the Central Coast Medicare Urgent Care Clinics and Central Coast Distribution Priority Area.
- The Australian Government is investing $35 million to fund 14 Centres of Research Excellence (CRE), bringing together some of Australia’s best health and medical researchers in collaborations to develop new solutions to significant health problems.
- Work will soon begin on a Head to Health centre to provide free mental health care and support for residents of the Sunshine Coast.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's interview with Dubravka Voloder about the 15th Pacific Health Ministers Meeting and Pacific Health Information Support Hub.