You can narrow down the results using the filters
- The Australian Government today launched the Stronger Medicare Awards, to honour those who have made a significant contribution to Australia’s primary care sector.
- The Australian Government is providing $50 million to develop and commercialise the world’s most advanced artificial heart, a technology that could halve deaths from heart failure globally and contribute $1.8 billion to Australia and Australian society.
- The Australian Government is opening a specialised Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain GP Clinic in Bardon in Brisbane, providing women with expert, multidisciplinary care and a one-stop option for diagnosis, intervention, and treatment.
- Read the transcript of Minister Butler's press conference on the Australian Government funding $50 million to develop world-leading artificial hearts.
- Read Assistant Minister Kearney's doorstop on a new specialised endometriosis and pelvic pain GP clinic in Bardon
- Grant guidelines for the Australian Government’s $200 million Play Our Way program are now available, so applicants can begin preparing their submissions ahead of the grant round officially opening next month.
- Read the transcript from Assistant Minister Kearney's interview on online health services and voluntary assisted dying laws.
- The Australian Government has responded to the recommendations made by a parliamentary committee into Long COVID, recognising the chronic nature of Long COVID and the need for multidisciplinary team-based healthcare.
- The Australian Government, through PacificAus Sports, will partner with the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) to support more than 250 athletes from 13 Pacific nations as they prepare for the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- The Australian Government has agreed to extend the consultation period on a new rights-based Aged Care Act by 3 weeks to 8 March 2024.
- Read Assistant Minister McBride's speech at the Ministerial Summit on youth radicalisation.
- The Australian Government is providing $230 million to the nation’s best and brightest researchers to undertake a wide range of more than 100 potentially groundbreaking, life changing health and medical research projects.
- Read Minister Butler's opinion piece first published in the Advertiser on 7 February 2024.
- Read the transcript from Minister Butler's interview on ABC Radio Sydney Mornings with Sarah McDonald which covered vaping.
- The Australian Government is investing close to $8 million to support innovative healthcare trials in rural and remote Australia.
- Today Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and Health Minister Mark Butler launched a special '40 Years of Medicare' pop-up display at Australian Parliament House in Canberra.
- Read the transcript of Minister Butler's speech about the '40 years of Medicare' pop-up display at Parliament House.
- The University of Sydney will receive $35 million through the Medical Research Future Fund to establish a manufacturing facility that can produce, store and ship bioengineered corneas across Australia and the world.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's speech at the ABC Heywire Regional Youth Summit Parliamentary Lunch, Parliament House, Canberra.
- From 1 February 2024, Australians with advanced melanoma and relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) will have access to new and updated medicines under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
- Applications are now open for community initiatives to promote organ and tissue donation within Cultural and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities, multicultural and faith groups.
- The Australian Government is funding a wide-ranging national research program that will give new hope and help to Australian children, adolescents and young adults with childhood brain cancers, including Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG).
- The Australian Government has secured access to an experimental medicine to help in the fight against a rare and highly aggressive brain cancer in children—Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG).
- Read the transcript from Minister Butler's interview with Nadia Mitsopoulos, which covered Medicare Urgent Care Clinics, the 40th anniversary of Medicare and bulk billing.
Radio interview with Assistant Minister Kearney and Ali Moore, ABC Melbourne Drive - 2 February 2024Read the transcript from Assistant Minister Kearney's interview on ABC Drive Melbourne on bulb billing and Medicare