You can have your say on how we use the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) by taking part in our regular public consultations.
Consulting the public
You can have a say in how the Australian Government spends Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) money.
Every 2 years, the Australian Medical Research Advisory Board (AMRAB) consults the public about the MRFF priorities. AMRAB then develops the next set of priorities based on this feedback.
AMRAB talks to:
- the general public
- organisations with expertise in health and medical research and innovation
- consumer representatives
- health services managers.
AMRAB consulted on the 2020–2022 priorities between 9 September 2020 and 7 October 2020 through our consultation hub and live webinars.
AMRAB will conduct a consultation process for the next 5-year Australian Medical Research and Innovation Strategy in 2021. The 2020–2022 priorities will be revisited as part of that process to ensure they align with the next strategy, which will be in effect over 2021–2026.
Consultation has opened on the Roadmaps and Implementation Plans for six MRFF research missions.
The Roadmaps and Implementation Plans set the strategic direction for the missions, including identifying the research priorities for MRFF funding.
You can provide written submissions on the Roadmaps and Implementation Plans via our consultation hub until 23 April 2021.
You can also participate in related webinars. Dates and registration details are provided below:
- Cardiovascular Health Mission webinars on 23 February 2021 and 10 March 2021
- Dementia, Ageing and Aged Care Mission webinars on 16 February 2021 and 19 March 2021
- Genomics Health Futures Mission webinars on 16 March 2021 and 25 March 2021
- Indigenous Health Research Fund webinars on 23 March 2021 and 30 March 2021
- Stem Cell Therapies Mission webinars on 11 March 2021 and 26 March 2021
- Traumatic Brain Injury Mission webinars on 19 February 2021 and 5 March 2021
The consultation for the 2020–2022 priorities heard from 270 stakeholders and received more than 250 written submissions. You can read the responses from public consultation submissions report on our website.
You can find previous consultations on our consultation hub.
We will also advertise future consultations on this hub.
Have something to say?
You can email us at any time with your feedback.
Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) contact
Contact for more information about the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF), or to provide feedback on the MRFF website.