The Intellectual Disability Health Education and Training Expert Advisory Group (EAG) gives expert advice on the education and training actions under the National Roadmap for Improving the Health of People with Intellectual Disability (roadmap).
The EAG supports the Curriculum Development Project in intellectual disability health by giving advice on:
- intellectual disability health in Australia
- health professional undergraduate education
- intellectual disability health learning outcomes and accreditation.
Terms of reference
The committee includes individuals from various backgrounds, including:
- people with lived experience
- the disability sector
- the education sector
- intellectual disability academic experts
- accreditation and registration bodies
- Commonwealth agencies
- Australian Government officials.
- Council for Intellectual Disability
- Leaders in Indigenous Medical Education (LIME)
- University of New South Wales (Department of Developmental Disability Neuropsychiatry)
- Professional Association of Nurses in Developmental Disability Australia (PANDDA)
- The Australian Society of Special Care in Dentistry
- University of Melbourne
- University of Queensland
- The Centre for Developmental Disability Health
- Australasian Council of Dental Schools
- Australian Council of Deans of Health Science
- Council of Deans of Nursing and Midwifery Australia & New Zealand
Medical Deans Australia and New Zealand
- Universities Australia (Health Professions Education Standing Group)
- Australian Dental Council
- Australian Medical Council
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council
- Health Professions Accreditation Collaborative Forum
- Department of Social Services
Department of Health and Aged Care.
The EAG meets quarterly each year. Additional meetings may be held if required.
Related committees or groups
The EAG is a sub-committee of the Roadmap Implementation Governance Group (RIGG).