The Bilateral Regional Health Forum aims to establish common interests between the Federal and New South Wales (NSW) governments to improve health outcomes and access to health services in regional, rural and remote NSW.
The forum monitors progress on Federal and NSW government commitments and discusses ways to address priority issues in regional, rural and remote health. This includes:
- health workforce, education and training
- access to primary care, aged care, First Nations and mental health services
- health service delivery and opportunities to address service provision
- the effectiveness of key regional health care initiatives
- The alignment of state and commonwealth structures, programs and initiatives.
The forum is jointly supported by:
The Hon Ryan Park
Minister for Health
Minister for Regional Health
Minister for the Illawarra and the South Coast
The Hon Emma McBride,
Assistant Minister for Rural and Regional Health
Assistant Minister for Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
The forum includes representation from:
- Australian Government
- NSW Government
- senior leaders in the NSW Ministry of Health and Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care.
Other stakeholders are invited to the forum on an ad hoc basis as required.
The forum meets twice per year.