The Department of Health and Aged Care pursues the achievement of the portfolio outcomes in association with a number of other agencies and statutory office holders in the portfolio.
Note: All portfolio agencies are directly financially accountable to Ministers, Parliament and/or the Australian Securities and Investment Commission under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act).
Statutory office holders
There are 8 statutory office holders in the Health and Aged Care portfolio. They exercise independent statutory functions with administrative support from the department.
Six operate in the Department:
- Aged Care Quality and Safety Commissioner
- Aged Care Pricing Commissioner
- Gene Technology Regulator
- Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Office of Drug Control
- Executive Director of the Australian Industrial Chemicals Introduction Scheme
- National Rural Health Commissioner
- Chief Executive Officer of the National Sports Tribunal
One operates within the National Health Funding Body:
One operates within the National Health and Medical Research Council:
There are 4 Regulators: