The Health portfolio includes agencies and statutory office holders. These agencies help us deliver the Australian Government’s health policies and programs.
The Department of Health pursues the achievement of the portfolio outcomes in association with a number of other agencies and statutory office holders in the portfolio.
Note: All portfolio agencies are directly financially accountable to Ministers, Parliament and/or the Australian Securities and Investment Commission under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 (PGPA Act).
Statutory office holders
There are 6 statutory office holders in the Health portfolio. They exercise independent statutory functions with administrative support from the department.
Five operate in the Department:
- Aged Care Quality and Safety Commissioner
- Aged Care Pricing Commissioner
- Gene Technology Regulator
- Executive Director of the Australian Industrial Chemicals Introduction Scheme
- National Rural Health Commissioner
One operates within the National Health Funding Body:
There are 5 Regulators:
- Australian Sports Anti-doping Authority
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency
- Office of Gene Technology Regulator
- Australian Industrial Chemicals Introduction Scheme
- Therapeutic Goods Administration