Minister for Health and Aged Care
Minister for Aged Care
Minister for Sport
Assistant Minister for Health and Aged Care
Assistant Minister for Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
Assistant Minister Rural and Regional Health
Assistant Minister for Indigenous Health
Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts from the ministers of the Health and Aged Care portfolio.
- Read the transcript of Minister Butler's doorstop on cheaper medicines; new medicines added to 60-day prescriptions; listing of Forxiga; heart failure; diabetes; ketamine.
- Thousands of Australian women are receiving a life-saving test for cervical cancer as new data shows the success of the Australian Government's self-collection screening option.
- Young people in the Hawkesbury area are now benefiting from a permanent headspace centre.
- The Albanese Government is making medicines cheaper by doubling the number of medicines now available for a 60-day prescription, with an additional 94 medicines for stable, ongoing health conditions like diabetes, epilepsy, breast cancer and menopause now eligible.
- Australians with chronic heart failure now have access to cheaper medicines under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).
More rare conditions considered for newborn bloodspot screening and new treatment option for spinal muscular atrophyOn Rare Disease Day, the Albanese Government has announced two more rare genetic conditions have been recommended by the independent group of experts for addition to Australian newborn bloodspot screening (NBS) and a new treatment option for infants with spinal muscular atrophy.
Archives for former ministers
Media releases, speeches and transcripts from former ministers of the Health portfolio are available in the former ministers' media centre.
Visit the National Library of Australia's web archive for older media releases, speeches and transcripts.