Mark Butler has been the Labor Member for Port Adelaide and Hindmarsh in the Federal Parliament since 2007 and is the Minister for Health and Aged Care.
Mark served as Minister for Ageing and Australia’s first Minister for Mental Health in the Gillard Government. He has also held the ministries of Housing, Homelessness, Social Inclusion, Climate Change, Water and the Environment.
Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts.
- Read the Minister's transcript on the opening of the Western Medicare Urgent Care Clinic.
Radio Interview with Minister Butler and Leon Compton - ABC Tasmania Statewide Mornings - 8 December 2023Read Minister Butler's interview with Leon Compton on vaping; Urgent Care Clinics.
- The Australian Government is delivering on its commitment to the Rockhampton community, with the Rockhampton Medicare Urgent Care Clinic (Medicare UCC) opening on 6 December 2023.
- Read the transcript of Minister Butler's press conference in Canberra on the new era of tobacco control; hospital agreement.
- The Australian Government is delivering on its commitment to Western Australians with a provider for the Broome Medicare Urgent Care Clinic (Medicare UCC) finalised, following an Expression of Interest process.
- Read Minister Butler's interview with Sylvia Jeffreys on $1.2 billion Strengthening Medicare measures.
- Australia now has the legislation in place to underpin our renewed fight against tobacco and protect the next generation from the devastating impacts of smoking.
- Read Minister Butler's interview with Sabra Lane on National Cabinet Strengthening Medicare measures; NDIS review.
- The Australian Government is providing $1.4 million to Killarney Memorial Aged Care to trial a holistic team-based healthcare approach in rural and remote communities in the Southern Downs region in Queensland.
- The Australian Government is delivering on its commitment to people on the South Coast, with the Batemans Bay Medicare Urgent Care Clinic (Medicare UCC) opening from 4 December 2023. The Batemans Bay Medicare UCC is located at 7 Pacific Street.