You can narrow down the results using the filters
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister Kearney's doorstop on the call for submissions to women's health consultation during Women's Health Week.
- This Women’s Health Week, the Australian Government is urging women to share their experiences of bias in the health system through the first public consultation of its kind in Australia.
- Read Assistant Minister Kearney's address to parliament on Women's Health Week.
- Women in Adelaide and Western Sydney will now be able to access specialised care at two new endometriosis and pelvic pain clinics which opened today.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister Kearney's doorstop in Perth about 60-day prescriptions.
- The Australian Government has highlighted its commitment to ending violence against women and children, by encouraging men and boys to champion behaviour change at the 2023 No to Violence Conference in Melbourne.
- The Albanese Government has brought together health experts to discuss the unique challenges facing the health workforce across the Northern Territory.
- The Australian Government has new funding agreements with states and the Northern Territory to put hundreds more doctors into regional, rural and remote locations.
- Seven collaborative research projects will receive funding to improve pressing health concerns in Australia.
- The Australian Government is providing $3 million for training to health professionals to better support workers affected by silicosis and other occupational dust diseases.
- The Albanese Government is making sure midwives in private practice can continue to provide homebirth services by extending the professional indemnity insurance exemption until 30 June 2025.
- A national action plan launched today will improve the quality and availability of palliative care for infants, children and young people with a life-limiting illness.
It’s DonateLife Week: Australian families urged to take a minute to register and chat about organ and tissue donationThis DonateLife Week (23 to 30 July), Australians are being asked to register and have a conversation with their family if they want to be an organ and tissue donor in the future.
- For the first time, Australian women are invited to share their experiences in the health system to better inform policy development and improve health outcomes for women and girls.
- The Australian Government is engaging with First Nations leaders as it develops Australia’s first National Health and Climate Strategy.
- The Australian Government has committed $6 million over the next two year to extend vital support to thousands of babies born prematurely.
Television interview with Assistant Minister Kearney and Lisa Miller, ABC News Breakfast - 11 July 2023Read the transcript of Assistant Minister Kearney's interview with Lisa Miller on the TGA decision on MS-2 step.
- The Government welcomes the Therapeutic Goods Administration’s decision to remove a number of restrictions on health professionals who prescribe and dispense MS-2 Step (mifepristone and misoprostol).
- Orange and the surrounding region can now access expert, multidisciplinary care with the opening of one of Australia’s first Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain Clinics at the Orange Family Medical Centre.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister Kearney's interview with Matt Doran about the Ashes, RBA decision, cost of living, childcare, energy prices, and women's health.
- Today marks a new era in LGBTIQA+ health care with the first meeting of the LGBTIQA+ Health and Wellbeing 10 Year National Action Plan Expert Advisory Group.
- The Albanese Government has introduced legislation to identify and eliminate the causes of deadly occupational respiratory diseases like silicosis.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister Kearney's doorstop in Parliament House about the National Occupational Respiratory Disease Registry and Housing Australia Future Fund.
- A provider for the Joondalup Medicare Urgent Care Clinic (Medicare UCC) has been selected, following an Expression of Interest process. This is the third provider announcement for Medicare UCCs in WA.
- The Australian Government is developing Australia’s first National Health and Climate Strategy, to ensure the nation’s health system can meet the needs of Australians in the face of a changing climate.