Ged Kearney is the Federal Member for Cooper. Ged has served in the parliament since March 2018, when she was elected in a by-election. She is the first woman to hold the seat.
Ged is the Assistant Minister for Health and Aged Care.
Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts.
- On the eve of World AIDS Day, the Australian Government has released the report of the HIV Taskforce
- The Australian Government has restored the ability of midwives to deliver care to women who labour in their home before a planned birth in hospital.
- The Australian Government will open a specialised Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain GP Clinic in Rouse Hill, providing women with expert, multidisciplinary care and a one-stop option for diagnosis, intervention, and treatment.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister Kearney's speech at the 2023 National Multicultural Health and Wellbeing Conference
- Read Assistant Minister Kearney's Doorstop in Rouse Hill on endometriosis; pelvic pain; women's health.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister Kearney's speech on making history by eliminating cervical cancer in Australia and our region.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister Kearney's doorstop at the Australian Centre of the Prevention of Cervical Cancer
- The Australian Government is leading the way for Australia to become the first country in the world to eliminate cervical cancer, with the release of the National Strategy for the Elimination of Cervical Cancer and a $48.2 million investment to support implementation.
- The Australian Government has taken the next step in fighting deadly occupational respiratory diseases like silicosis by establishing Australia’s first National Occupational Respiratory Disease Registry.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister Kearney's Doorstop on bulk-billing; Urgent Care Clinics.