Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts.
Television interview with Assistant Minister McBride and Ortenzia Borre, Sky News Breakfast - 3 October 2023Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's interview with Ortenzia Borre on the NSW Bilateral Regional Health Forum; Medicare investments; Medicare Urgent Care Clinics; the health workforce pipeline; Disability Royal Commission.
- Three research teams will share in over $5.1 million in targeted funding from the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) to investigate ways to improve the physical health of people with mental illness.
- The Albanese Government is delivering on its commitment to make it easier for residents of the Central Coast to get the urgent care they need with providers selected for their two Medicare Urgent Care Clinics (Medicare UCC).
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride about the Central Coast Medicare Urgent Care Clinics and Central Coast Distribution Priority Area.
- The Australian Government is investing $35 million to fund 14 Centres of Research Excellence (CRE), bringing together some of Australia’s best health and medical researchers in collaborations to develop new solutions to significant health problems.
- Work will soon begin on a Head to Health centre to provide free mental health care and support for residents of the Sunshine Coast.
- Read the transcript of Assistant Minister McBride's interview with Dubravka Voloder about the 15th Pacific Health Ministers Meeting and Pacific Health Information Support Hub.
- The Australian Government will partner with several Pacific island countries to boost capacity to collect and analyse health data, with the establishment of a Pacific Health Information Support Hub.
- Assistant Minister Emma McBride will travel to Tonga this week to represent the Australian Government at the 15th Pacific Health Ministers Meeting.
- The Gladstone community will have greater access to free mental health care and support with the announcement of a new Head to Health adult mental health service.