Read the latest media releases, speeches and transcripts.
- From today, aged care homes must deliver a sector average of 200 care minutes per resident per day, including 40 minutes of registered nurse care.
- Australia and France continue to strengthen their positive and longstanding relationship, with the signing of a new Declaration of Intent to increase sporting cooperation.
- Read the transcript of Minister Wells's interview about her official visit to France, global sport, FIFA World Cup, and Rugby World Cup.
Minister for Aged Care and Sport – interview on Associated Press Television Network – 20 September 2023Read the transcript of Minister Wells's interview about Brisbane Olympics/Paralympics, Commonwealth Games, gender equity, and the FIFA World Cup bid.
- The Albanese Government is seeking feedback on the draft National Aged Care Design Principles and Guidelines.
- The Australian Government has appointed former elite swimmer and international sports law expert, Dr Michelle Gallen, as the Chief Executive Officer of the National Sports Tribunal.
- The Albanese Government is ensuring older Australians have tasty and nutritious food in aged care thanks to a free training program for aged care cooks and chefs.
- The Albanese Government is investing more than $2 million in the national rollout of AusBike so more children can enjoy the mental and physical health benefits of outdoor exercise.
- The Albanese Government has provided almost half a million dollars to boost the program that uncovered Paralympic champions like Rowan Crothers and Paige Greco.
- Several organisations, including Gymnastics Australia, have been declared participating institutions under the National Redress Scheme.