You can narrow down the results using the filters
- Grant guidelines for the Australian Government’s $200 million Play Our Way program are now available, so applicants can begin preparing their submissions ahead of the grant round officially opening next month.
- The Australian Government, through PacificAus Sports, will partner with the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) to support more than 250 athletes from 13 Pacific nations as they prepare for the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- The Australian Government has agreed to extend the consultation period on a new rights-based Aged Care Act by 3 weeks to 8 March 2024.
- The Australian Government has launched a major initiative to ensure First Responders have the specialised skills required to help people with dementia in emergency situations.
- The Albanese Government is pleased to announce the new membership of the National Aged Care Advisory Council.
- From playground to podium, Australians have the right to be safe while participating in sport.
- A year on from its introduction, Aged Care Star Ratings has revealed a significant improvement in the quality of aged care homes across Australia.
- The Australian Government is pleased to announce a new term for the Aged Care Council of Elders.
- The Australian Government is delivering on its commitment to Brisbane Northsiders, with the Northside Medicare Urgent Care Clinic (Medicare UCC) opening from 15 December 2023 on the corner of Gympie and Brookfield Roads.
- The Australian Government is asking for feedback on the exposure draft of the new Aged Care Act – a-once-in-a-generation reform that will put older people at the centre of the aged care system.
- Tens of thousands of athletes are set to descend on Perth, Western Australia, in 2029 as the city hosts the World Masters Games.
- Well-respected First Nations leader Ms Andrea Kelly has been appointed as the Interim First Nations Aged Care Commissioner, commencing in January 2024.
- The Australian Government’s aged care reforms are already delivering with the latest financial outlook showing a sector providing more minutes of care per resident, while recovering to a more stable and sustainable setting.
- The Albanese Government is investing billions of dollars to increase the Australian National Aged Care Classification (AN-ACC) price to $253.82 from 1 December 2023.
- Netball is an intrinsic part of Australian sport and that is why the Australian Government already provides almost $4m in annual funding to support the Diamonds and participation initiatives.
- The new Support at Home Program will be delivered in two stages to minimise disruption and ensure continuity of care for older people.
- The Australian Government today announces the three-year appointment of four Directors to the Australian Sports Foundation Board.
- The Australian Government is providing more than $27 million in grant funding for innovative approaches to respite care for older Australians living with dementia and their carers.
- The Albanese Government is investing $135 million in infrastructure grants to support aged care providers operating in rural and remote areas.
- Read the transcript of Minister Wells' speech to the Australian Sports Commission's World Class to World Best conference.
- Read the transcript of Minister Wells' speech to the Aged and Community Care Providers Association.
- The Australian Government is providing $318 million to continue COVID-19 support for residential aged care homes.
- The Australian Government has today launched a design ideas competition to test the draft National Aged Care Design Principles and Guidelines, developed to help aged care homes better meet the needs of residents.
- From today, aged care homes must deliver a sector average of 200 care minutes per resident per day, including 40 minutes of registered nurse care.
- Australia and France continue to strengthen their positive and longstanding relationship, with the signing of a new Declaration of Intent to increase sporting cooperation.