Release 2.0.0 — Design updates
This release includes updates to our website design using the latest Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) components. These components provide a better experience, especially for mobile device users. Behind the scenes, content administration is simpler.
Our underlying codebase has been updated to include the latest components from the DTA's Design System and to simplify administration. Changes include:
- an updated user interface based on Design System v3 components
- simplified content administration
- reduced download size of pages
- improved presentation of content listings
- a better experience across mobile devices
Why the change?
We wanted to better align our design with the DTA’s Digital Service Standard. Using their Government as a platform principles have helped us improve the user experience and simplify the content authoring process.
Where will you see the changes?
Some of the changes include:
- a new selectable card style has been applied to some elements
- headings are bolder and use system fonts instead of web fonts to so they are easier to read
- hyperlinks are now blue and underlined
- buttons are clearer and more consistent in size, shape and colour
- accordions have larger text and are bordered
- text size adjusts to better suit your screen size when accessing our website on mobile devices
- local navigation menu items are less prominent than body text to reduce distraction
- call-outs and downloadable documents are more prominent so you see and find them faster
- the ‘back to top’ feature on long pages has a larger area for you to click on and appears as you scroll past a single screen
- when you click on a hyperlink, it is shown clearly with a purple border
- all content listings display smaller images on mobile devices so you can see more on smaller screens