COVID-19 advice for older people and carers
Older people are most at risk of severe COVID-19 disease. People aged 75 years or older who have not had a COVID-19 vaccination in 6 months are recommended to have an additional dose.
Read the latest COVID-19 advice for older people and their carers.
Prevent and prepare for COVID-19 in residential aged care
Residential aged care providers must be alert and prepared for a potential outbreak of COVID-19 at their homes.
Prevent and prepare for COVID-19 in residential respite
Residential aged care respite providers must be alert and prepared for a potential COVID-19 outbreak.
COVID-19 advice for in-home aged care services
In-home care providers must respond to changing circumstances to effectively manage COVID-19 risks to their care recipients and staff.
Find information and resources to help you navigate the impacts of COVID-19 in your communities.
Government support for providers and workers
We provide support to Australian Government-funded aged care services (residential and in-home care) with a COVID-19 outbreaks.
Providers play a key role in ensuring their residents and workers can access COVID-19 vaccinations safely and easily.
Learn about the COVID-19 vaccine program for aged care.
Aged care COVID-19 reporting and reviews
For information about COVID-19 cases in aged care settings see:
- national figures for cases in aged care, including the number of confirmed cases
- weekly national data on the impact of COVID-19 in residential aged care homes
- details of reviews of COVID-19 outbreaks in residential aged care.
State and territory aged care COVID-19 information
Your state or territory has the latest information on COVID-19 for your local area.
Stay up to date on restrictions, personal protective equipment requirements and other measures relating to COVID-19 in aged care:
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia.
For more information see:
- COVID-19 resources for aged care services
- online infection control training for aged care workers
- translated COVID-19 resources
- webinars on the COVID-19 response for the health, aged care and disability sectors
- COVID-19 vaccination guidance for in-home and community aged care providers
- the National COVID-19 Health Management Plan (National Plan).