The webinar addressed the role and capacity of home care providers, Community Home Support Programme providers and the assessment workforce as part of the national response to COVID-19.
It was hosted by the Minister for Senior Australians and Aged Care Senator the Hon Richard Colbeck.
It brought together the following experts:
- Dr Chloe Ryan, Medical Officer, Department of Health
- Commissioner Ms Janet Anderson PSM, Australian Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
- Dr Jenny Firman, Chief Health Officer, Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Mr Michael Lye, Deputy Secretary Ageing and Aged Care, Department of Health
- Dr James Branley, Head of Infectious Diseases, Nepean Hospital
- Professor Chris Poulos, Head of Research and Aged Care Clinical Services, HammondCare
- Mr Nick Morgan, Assistant Secretary, Home Support and Assessment Branch, Department of Health
- an update on the Australian Government’s response to COVID-19
- infection control in aged care and home care environments
- epidemic planning for the home care environment
- the health plan to fight COVID-19
How to watch the webinar
To watch a webinar that has finished airing, follow these steps:
- Click on the Webinar link. This will take you to the webinar page.
- click on the play icon on the webinar screen
To keep up to date about upcoming webinars, subscribe to our aged care sector announcements and newsletters.