Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) COVID-19 frequently asked questions for auspices
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
This document includes information about additional funding for the CVS and the answers to the following questions:
- Can we purchase technology with CVS funds?
- What training can auspices use to upskill volunteers?
- Will there be IT support to help residential facilities and home users if we provide devices to utilise?
- Do visits need to cease all together during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Will virtual or phone visits count during this period?
- How can we work towards virtual or phone interactions?
- How can auspices further support recipients outside of face-to-face visits?
- Can auspices extend the program to support those outside the aged care system?
- Will the criteria around police checks for volunteers be relaxed at this time?
- Who will bear the cost of extra police checks if there is an increased uptake of volunteers?
- Will flu injections be needed for all volunteers?
Also see the second volume of COVID-19 frequently asked questions for auspices.