Protocol to support joint management of a COVID-19 outbreak in a residential aged care facility (RACF) in NSW
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.
The Australian Government Department of Health, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission and the NSW Ministry of Health have agreed a joint approach to supporting residential aged care providers managing a COVID-19 outbreak.
The protocol will be used if one (or more) resident or staff member in the facility tests positive to COVID-19.
The protocol is principles-based and aims to:
- make the roles and responsibilities of government agencies and the aged care provider clear
- support the best possible care for all residents in the aged care facility where the outbreak occurs
- contain and control the outbreak to bring it to an end as quickly and safely as possible
The protocol sets out:
- governance structures
- reporting and escalation procedures
- expectations around information sharing and timeframes