About the collection
The HTA Policy and Methods Review is informed by papers analysing contemporary research, relevant methodologies and purchasing practices used by comparable international jurisdictions, and their applicability to the Australian context. We prepared these papers and engaged 3 HTA expert groups to develop these papers. For more information about the evidence supporting the review see the Research and Analysis Plan Overview.
We engaged 3 expert groups in HTA to undertake research and analysis to inform the HTA Review. They are working with us to develop papers as follows.
Adelaide Health Technology Assessment (AHTA)
- Paper 1. International health technology market approval, funding and assessment pathways
- Paper 2. Horizon scanning and early value assessment
- Paper 3. HTA Methods: Determination of Population Intervention Comparator Outcome (PICO)
- Paper 4. HTA Methods: Clinical Evaluation
Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation (CHERE)
- Paper 5. HTA Methods: Economic evaluation
- Paper 6. Funding and purchasing decisions and Managing Uncertainty
Centre of Research Excellence in Medicines Intelligence (MI-CRE)
- Paper 7. Optimising the availability and use of real world data and real world evidence to support health technology assessment in Australia
The Department of Health and Aged Care
- Paper 8. Australian market authorisation, funding and assessment pathways and timelines
- Paper 9. Emerging Health Technologies
The final papers will be prepared after Consultation 2 closes, and we will publish them once they are finalised.
Draft HTA expert papers
We aim to provide documents in an accessible format. If you're having problems using a document with your accessibility tools, please contact us for help.