About Health Funding Facts
Health Funding Facts is an online tool you can use to find out how your local area is benefiting from Australian Government investment in:
- hospital funding (National Health Reform Agreement)
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- aged care.
Funding amounts, actual and projected, shown in the Health Funding Facts tool come from the following sources.
- All numbers are taken from and consistent with those published in the Australian Government’s 2022–23 Budget, unless otherwise specified.
- We calculate the appropriate local hospital network given for a postcode as the shortest straight-line distance from the central point of a postcode to the nearest public hospital. It may not match the nearest public hospital by actual travel time.
- For PBS and MBS information, we allocate patients to a Commonwealth Electoral Division (CED) using their postcode. This uses a correspondence file produced by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). In some cases a postcode may be split across 2 or more CEDs, in which case we allocate script, benefit and patient counts proportionately amongst the CEDs.
- For comparison of PBS and MBS data across financial years, we base historical data on 2016 electoral boundaries.
We do not accept any liability for any decisions made on the basis of the estimated figures provided on this site.
For more information about: