Use of the My Aged Care trade mark by third parties
Information regarding the use of the My Aged Care trade mark by third parties.
The Australian Government (represented by the Department of Health) registered the My Aged Care words and logo as a trade mark in 2013. The department owns and uses the trade mark to identify the My Aged Care phone line (1800 200 422) and website (www.myagedcare.gov.au).
The My Aged Care trade mark is generally reserved for use on resources the department has editorial control of indicating the department’s ownership, authorship and/or endorsement.
Third parties or service providers may not:
- use the My Aged Care logo on marketing materials or websites unless you first get written permission from the department
- use ‘My Aged Care’ in your business, domain or event name
- reproduce an image of any departmental Home Care Package letters (which prominently display the Australian Government Coat of Arms and My Aged Care logo).
There are limited circumstances where using the My Aged Care trade mark is appropriate but only when approved in advance. Requests for approval to use the My Aged Care trade mark can be sent to agedcarecomms [at] health.gov.au
Linking to the My Aged Care website
Service providers may link to the My Aged Care website to help people learn about accessing government funded aged care services.
- restricted to making a link without any alteration of the website’s content
- not granted to reproduce, frame or reformat the files, pages, images, information and materials from the website unless you first get written permission from the department.