The National Vaccine Storage Guidelines ‘Strive for 5’ 3rd edition and supporting resources will be mailed to Immunisation Providers in June 2019.
These guidelines provide up-to-date information and key recommendations about safe vaccine storage. NEW appendices have been developed to support you, including:
- Appendix 2 - Vaccine Storage Self Audit
- Appendix 8 - Checklist for Transport or Emergency Storage of Vaccines
- Appendix 9 - Checklist for Managing a Power Failure
Resources have also been updated to support you in implementing key recommendations under the guidelines, including:
- National Vaccine Storage Guidelines Strive for 5
- Cold Chain Breach Protocol poster
- Quick Reference Guide Poster
- Vaccine Fridge Temperature chart
The guidelines have been written to assist all Australian immunisation service providers, including medical practices, large hospitals, clinics, mobile services and outreach providers.