Aged care reporting due soon
Due 31 October 2023
- Approved providers must submit an Aged Care Financial Report (ACFR) through Forms Administration.
- Non-government providers must also submit an audited General Purpose Financial Statement (GPFS).
- An Annual Prudential Compliance Statement (APCS) and audit option is required if, at any point during the reported financial year, a provider held:
- refundable deposits
- accommodation bonds
- entry contributions.
Due 4 November 2023
Webinar: Hiring mature aged workforce - investing in experience
When: Wednesday 11 October, 1:00 pm (AEDT)
Hear from industry experts and employer guest speakers about how age diversity can bring experience to your business and improve productivity. Learn practical recruitment strategies and the benefits of tapping into the mature age talent pool.
This webinar is part of the series Hiring Outside the Box! which focuses on the benefits of exploring new pools of talent and hiring a diverse and inclusive team.
Free diversity program for aged care providers
We are funding a program delivered by the Older Persons’ Advocacy Network (OPAN) to help aged care providers identify diverse communities who are not accessing aged care services and provide practical assistance to meet their needs.
This free national diversity program includes:
- two face-to-face workshops
- an online session
- access to a Community of Practice.
Participation will help providers identify strategies to deliver culturally safe, appropriate and inclusive care tailored to the needs of each older person.
Workshops are currently rolling out across NSW. For more information and to register, visit the OPAN website.
Webinar: Diversity of thought - a shared approach to leadership in aged care
When: Wednesday 11 October 2023 12pm to 1pm (AEDT)
This session will discuss:
- how having representatives from diverse groups in an organisation’s leadership team cultivates innovation and consumer-centred care that considers each individual’s background and circumstances
- ways that governing bodies can foster diverse leadership to strengthen their organisation.
Enrol in the Governing for Reform in Aged Care Program to register for this free webinar.
Webinar: End of life and palliative care - what you need to know
When: Friday 13 October, 4:45pm to 6:00pm (AEDT)
This webinar is for people employed in aged care, as well as psychologists, social workers, counsellors and volunteers who work with older adults. This presentation includes clinical examples of manifestations of trauma in delirium and the impact of trauma on older people.
Social worker Jo Wood and palliative medicine specialist Clinical Professor Leeroy William will highlight the role of palliative care and showcase new service delivery models for Australia.
Updated Home Care Package pricing report now available
The National Summary of Home Care Package Prices – 30 June 2023 is now available.
The report outlines Home Care Packages Program pricing data for common home care services, care management, package management and staff travel.
At 30 June 2023, the median nursing price was $109 per standard hour, while light gardening, in-home respite, personal care, and cleaning/household tasks ranged from $62 to $66 per standard hour.
The Home Care Package – Published Pricing Schedule – 30 June 2023, which shows the full pricing data entered into My Aged Care by providers, is also available on our website.
Webinar: How to connect older people with smart technology
Hundreds of Vision Australia CHSP recipients use Echo Dot to access information and remain connected to friends and family.
This webinar will include:
- how the Echo Dot pilot project has been scaled into a national program
- examples of how Echo Dot has enhanced older people’s social participation and independence
- what participants have to say
- challenges and advice on connecting older people with smart technologies
- practical advice on introducing this technology to your clients.
If you’re unable to join, another session will be held in November. Further details to come.
Any questions? Email Reeni.Ekanayake@visionaustralia.org
Care minutes targets are now mandatory
Targets for the October – December 2023 quarter are based on residents that were in care from June to August 2023. Care minutes targets will be updated quarterly.
Providers can see their service-level care minutes targets in the My Aged Care service and support portal.
A list of service-level care minutes targets is also available on the department’s website.
For the latest information see:
- Care minutes information hub
- How mandatory care minutes will be regulated (Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission’s website).
24/7 registered nurse reporting for September 2023 due now
24/7 registered nurse (RN) reporting for the month of September is due through the Government Provider Management System (GPMS) by Saturday 7 October 2023.
Providers that fail to report:
- may be referred to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
- will not receive any 24/7 RN supplement for September (if eligible)
- will be recorded as not having completed their 24/7 RN reporting responsibility in the report published on our website.
24/7 RN coverage reported in August:
- Registered nurse coverage in residential aged care dashboard
- Registered nurse coverage in residential aged care facilities
For reporting extensions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. These will only be granted under exceptional circumstances, such as major IT system issues or a situation of emergency.
Webinar: Improving quality in residential aged care
When: Thursday 2 November, 2pm to 3pm (AEDT)
This webinar will be a practical session where we’ll share:
- what is quality improvement and why does it matter
- how Star Ratings and the QI Program can be used as tools for quality improvement
- making our resources work for you
- what’s working in the sector: practical examples from residential aged care homes
- hot topics: addressing common feedback
- live question and answer session.
You can also submit questions for the ‘hot topics’ and ‘question and answer’ sessions.
A recording of the webinar will be shared on our website.