The Australian Government ‘s national in-reach clinic program for booster doses to residential aged care facilities will roll out from Monday 8 November 2021.
Boosters are now available for people who completed their primary course (two doses) of a COVID-19 vaccination more than six months ago, including residents and workers in residential aged care.
People who have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine are fully vaccinated. This means they are very well protected against serious illness, hospitalisation or death from COVID-19.
A booster dose will boost a person’s immune response and provide an additional layer of protection to further reduce the risk of breakthrough infection (when a fully vaccinated person gets COVID-19 and is at risk of transmitting the virus to others).
This webinar is for:
- residential aged care providers
- residential aged care facility managers and IPC leads
- residents, their families and representatives
- residential aged care workers.
We encourage you to organise screening of the live webinar in communal areas in your facility for residents and workers.
This webinar will address the national roll out of the COVID-19 vaccine booster program in residential aged care including:
- What you need to know about COVID-19 booster vaccinations
- How the in-reach booster clinics will be delivered
- Roles and responsibilities of vaccine providers and facilities
- How to prepare for your in-reach clinic, including consent
- What to do if it’s been less than six months since your second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- How to support and engage with residents and workers.
Minister Colbeck will be joined by the following Commonwealth Department of Health representatives:
- Mr Michael Lye, Deputy Secretary, Ageing and Aged Care Group
- Adj. Professor Alison McMillan, Commonwealth Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer
- Ms Teena Blewitt, Deputy Coordinator General, National COVID Vaccine Taskforce
- Mr James Hart, First Assistant Secretary, Disability and Aged Care Rollout, National COVID Vaccine Taskforce
- Ms Lisa Peterson, Assistant Secretary, COVID-19 Vaccine Aged Care
- Mr Craig Gear, Chief Executive Officer, Older Persons Advocacy Network.
A Q&A session will be included in the live webinar.
Participants can submit questions to VacTaskForceAgedCare_Comms@Health.gov.au any time before the webinar. Please note “National Webinar” in the subject heading of your email.
This webinar is FREE and registration is not required.
The webinar will be recorded and available on the department’s website for on demand viewing.
The details to join the webinar are provided below:
Join by personal device or computer:
Event number: 2654 555 0559
Event password: 9876 (9876 from phones)
Join by phone
+61-2-9338-2221 Australia Toll
Access code: 265 455 50559