View the updated Schedule of fees and charges for:
- Residential and home care recipients who started care on or after 1 July 2014
- Residential and home care recipients who started care before 1 July 2014
View the updated Schedule of subsidies and supplements.
Services Australia’s quarterly review of residential and home care fees will take effect from 20 March 2022. This reconciliation process ensures the cost of a person’s aged care services aligns with changes in their financial circumstances.
Care recipients and providers will receive letters letting them know if there is a change to a care recipient’s fees or if a refund may be due. The quarterly review will be run on the weekend of 26-27 March 2022. The online claiming system for Home Care will be unavailable from 8pm Friday 25 March until 8am Monday 28 March 2022 as quarterly review tasks are undertaken.
Change to Maximum Permissible Interest Rate (MPIR) from 1 April 2022
The MPIR will increase to 4.07% for the period from 1 April to 30 June 2022 for calculating:
- accommodation prices
- interest on refunds of accommodation lump sum balances
View current and past rates of the MPIR.
What you need to do
Providers must ensure:
- their published accommodation prices on the My Aged Care website are up to date. If you have any questions call the My Aged Care service desk on 1800 836 799
- the accommodation prices published on their own website and in relevant written materials are up to date.