Australia has one of the world’s most comprehensive national immunisation programs, with over 94% of Australian children aged 5 years fully immunised.
Even though the vast majority of children are fully immunised, parents may still have questions about vaccination and want to know more about it.
Two new immunisation resources are now available to help parents better understand immunisation and to answer key questions about vaccination.
The Questions about vaccination booklet provides answers to many common questions about vaccination. It is designed to help:
- parents find out more about vaccines and the most recent evidence about their safety and effectiveness.
- doctors answer questions from their patients.
The Australian Academy of Science has also developed a series of multimedia products to support the Science of Immunisation: Questions and Answers publication. These materials address key questions such as:
- What is immunisation?
- What’s in a vaccine?
- Who benefits from vaccination?
- How safe are vaccines (and how do we know)?
- What’s the future of vaccination?