Latest statement on coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Prime Minister
The Prime Minister, the Hon. Scott Morrison MP, announced new measures and restrictions to protect the Australian community from the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) on 18 March 2020.
This morning, 18 March 2020, the Prime Minister, the Hon. Scott Morrison MP, announced new measures to protect Australians from coronavirus (COVID-19). These include:
- a limit of no more than 100 people for non-essential indoor gatherings
- a limit of no more than 500 people for outdoor gatherings
- cancellation of ANZAC day ceremonies
- restrictions on visitors to aged care facilities
- restrictions on Australians travelling overseas
Read the full transcript.