Australian Public Service employee census 2019 highlights report for Health
The Australian Public Service employee census report for 2019 has been released. Read more about the census and Health's results.
The Australian Public Service (APS) employee census is held from May and June each year. It collects information on attitudes and opinions of APS employees.
86% of Health staff participated in the census. We have published the highlights of what our staff had to say.
This includes an increase from the 2018 survey in the number of staff:
- recommending Health as a good place to work
- believing in our purpose and objectives
- feeling we inspire staff to do their best every day
- reporting we provide access to effective learning and development
Other key findings include:
- perception of Senior Executive Service leadership continues to improve. It remains significantly higher than the APS average.
- satisfaction with Executive Level 2 leadership continues to improve
The survey also highlights some areas for improvement. We are focusing on:
- providing clearer performance expectations
- improving risk culture
- change management
- learning and development