The Department of Health and Aged Care is hosting a webinar next Wednesday 7 September 2022 which will focus on key advice and available support on recovering from outbreaks in the post-winter period.
During the webinar you will hear from the following panellists on a range of topics:
- Chair: Mr Jacob Madden, Assistant Secretary, Department of Health and Aged Care
- Long COVID-19 and what to look for following an outbreak: Professor Michael Kidd, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health and Aged Care
- Mental Health Supports and Building Resilience: Dr Melanie Wroth, Chief Clinical Advisor, Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
- National Mental Health and Wellbeing in Pandemic Response Plan: Dr Ruth Vine, Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health and Aged Care
When: Wednesday 7 September 2022, 1pm to 2pm AEST.
Registration: Participants will need to register to attend this free webinar.
Participants will have the opportunity to submit questions prior to the event in the registration link, or on the day via the Q+A function.
This webinar marks the third and final session in our winter preparedness series. You can view previous sessions here:
Session 1 (Readiness): Preparing your aged care service for winter – Readiness
Session 2 (Response): Preparing your aged care service for winter – Response
The Outbreak Recovery and Resilience webinar will be recorded and available on the department's website for on demand viewing.
State and Territory aged care COVID-19 information
Your state or territory has the latest information on COVID-19 for your local area. Make sure you stay up to date on visitor restrictions, PPE requirements and other measures relating to COVID-19 in aged care.
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- PPE use: Guidance on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for health care workers in the context of COVID-19 | Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care
- Fit testing and fit checking videos: Education, training, and videos - Clinical Excellence Commission (nsw.gov.au)
To find further information please visit our website or email us if you have any questions:
- Website: health.gov.au/covid-advice-aged-care