Webinar released: Specialist Dementia Care Program (SDCP)
The Australian Government has started to roll out the Specialist Dementia Care Program services across the country.
The Australian Government has started to roll out the Specialist Dementia Care Program (SDCP) services across the country.
The Department of Health and Dementia Support Australia will host a free webinar to discuss the SDCP. Participants will have the opportunity to ask panel representatives questions about the Program.
Webinar title Spotlight on SDCP - Access, Eligibility and Expectations
Date and time
Wednesday, 20 November 2019
State and territory Start: Finish
ACT, NSW, VIC & TAS 2.30 pm to 4:00 pm (AEST)
QLD 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm (AEST)
SA 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm (ACDT)
NT 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm (ACST)
WA 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (AWST)
Link (webinar link will be emailed to you following registration)
- SDCP services aim to support people with severe behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia to receive specialist care in a safe environment, to optimise their quality of life
- Dementia Support Australia will undertake needs based assessments to determine if a person is eligible for SDCP services
- Following assessment, SDCP providers will determine placement of eligible people
The first service is now open at Brightwater in Western Australia (Perth North Metro). More services will open in 2020 in the following Primary Health Network regions:
- North Western Melbourne
- South Eastern Melbourne
- Hunter New England and Central Coast
- Brisbane North and South
- North Queensland
- Australian Capital Territory