Join a special free webinar Thursday 24 February 2022 3.15pm – 4:15pm AEDT
The aim of the webinar is to introduce the latest, significant updates to the Communicable Diseases Network Australia (CDNA) National guidelines for the prevention, control, and public health management of COVID-19 outbreaks in residential care facilities (RACFs) in Australia and will be hosted by Leading Age Services Australia (LASA) and Aged and Community Services Australia (ACSA), with speakers from the Department of Health.
The changes support RACFs to take a more independent and proportionate approach in managing the risk of COVID-19, including:
- move to risk-based approach
- included exposure definition
- changes to outbreak definition
- changes to visitation
- changes to declaring outbreak over
- changes to approach to test, trace, isolation and quarantine.
- Sean Rooney, CEO, LASA
- Dr Catherine Kelaher, Principal Medical Adviser, Department of Health
- Jacob Madden, A/g Assistant Secretary, Emergency Preparedness and Response Branch, Department of Health
- Cheryl Edwards, Residential care specialist, LASA
- Derek Dittrich, Executive Director, Government & Public Relations, VIC/TAS ACSA
Who should attend?
Residential aged care providers including CEOs, facility managers and IPC leads.
When: Thursday 24 February 2022 – 3.15 to 4.15pm AEDT
12:15pm - 1:15pm AWST | 1:45pm - 2:45pm ACST |
2:15pm - 3:15pm AEST | 2:45pm - 3:45pm ACDT |
Participants will need to register to attend.
This webinar will be recorded and available on the department’s website for on demand viewing.