Webinar: Business Improvement Fund / Business Advisory Service
Aged and Community Services Australia (ACSA), Health and PwC are hosting a webinar on Monday 9 November 2020. The webinar will discuss how approved aged care providers can access the Business Improvement Fund and the Business Advisory Service.
Aged and Community Services Australia, Health and PwC are hosting the webinar on Monday 9 November 2020. It is an opportunity to discover what support how approved aged care providers can access the Business Improvement Fund and the Business Advisory Service.
The Business Improvement Fund gives grants to eligible residential aged care providers, including those that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- are small to medium sized residential aged care providers (generally less than seven facilities) with operational places
- have limited access to financial support
- are facing significant financial pressure which may impact on care to residents or risk of service closure
- are in regional, rural and remote locations
- with special needs – that is, bushfire impacted, socioeconomic impact on the local community.
While the fund prioritises providers that meet the above criteria, it is open to all aged care providers. Larger providers can also benefit from the Business Improvement Fund that supports the sale of providers experiencing sustainability challenges.
The free Business Advisory Service is delivered in partnership with PwC to residential and home care providers. The service helps these aged care providers review their operations. It also provides advice on business management, financial strategies, governance, risk management, and property and asset management.
The webinar will cover:
- eligibility for both programs
- activities that can be funded
- case studies of services supported to date
- feedback on the program, including barriers to access and suitability.
- Matt Alston-Fisher, Program Manager, Business Improvement Fund and Business Advisory Service, Department of Health
- Ryan Hopping, Senior Manager, Business Advisory Service, PwC
Who should attend
CEOs and CFOs are encouraged to participate.
|State/territory||Start and finish times|
|ACT, NSW, Vic and Tas||3.30 pm to 4.30 pm (AEDT)|
|Qld||2.30 pm to 3.30 pm (AEST)|
|SA||3.00 pm to 4.00 pm (ACDT)|
|NT||2.00 pm to 3.00 pm (ACST)|
|WA||12.30 pm to 1.30 pm (AWST)|