All in-home and community aged care workers in NSW are invited to a special live webinar this Monday 25 October from 3:30pm – 4:30pm AEDT.
The webinar will support NSW in-home and community aged care workers, including volunteers and subcontractors, to:
- find out more about NSW’s public health direction on mandatory COVID-19 vaccination for aged care workers and how it applies to them
- get information about COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine safety
- find out how to access a priority COVID-19 vaccination.
The webinar will have a live Q&A discussion to answer questions workers might have on COVID-19 vaccination and on the NSW public direction for authorised workers.
Commonwealth Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Professor Michael Kidd AM will host the webinar with panellists including:
- Stefanie Williams, Director, Aged Care, NSW Ministry of Health
- James Broughton, Principal Policy Officer, Aged Care, NSW Ministry of Health
- Christine Stephens, Director, COVID-19 Vaccination Program, NSW SHEOC
- Lisa Peterson, Assistant Secretary, Commonwealth Department of Health
- Russell Herald, Assistant Secretary, Commonwealth Department of Health
- Rebecca Richardson, Assistant Secretary, Commonwealth Department of Health
- Union representatives.
Panellists will cover topics such as:
- why it is so important to get vaccinated against COVID-19
- how workers can access priority vaccinations
- how workers will be supported to be vaccinated by their workplace
- some of reasons workers might feel hesitant about getting vaccinated and how they can feel more assured
- how the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for aged care workers in NSW applies to them.
Participants can submit questions to VacTaskForceAgedCare_Comms@Health.gov.au any time before the webinar. Please note “NSW Webinar” in the subject heading of your email.
Participants can also submit written questions during the live webinar.
Aged care providers are asked to circulate information on the webinar to all workers (including all full time permanent and casual workers, contractors, volunteers engaged by facilities and students on placement) and to encourage attendance – particularly by those who are yet to receive their vaccination.
This is an excellent opportunity for in-home and community aged care workers to have any concerns addressed directly.
Please note the webinar format will enable up to 1000 participants to join the live event. The webinar will be recorded and made available on the health.gov.au website.
The details to join the webinar are provided below. You do not need to register in advance and the webinar is free.
Join by personal device or computer:
Monday, 25 Oct, 2021 3:30 pm | 1 hour | (UTC+11:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
Event number: 2653 035 4651
Event password: 9876
Join by phone
+61-2-9338-2221 Australia Toll
Access code: 265 303 54651