View the updated Schedule of Fees and Charges for:
- Residential and home care recipients who started care on or after 1 July 2014
- Residential and home care recipients who started care before 1 July 2014
View the updated Schedule of Subsidies and Supplements.
Services Australia’s Quarterly Review of residential and home care fees will be effective from 20 September 2021. Care recipients and providers will receive letters letting them know if there is a change to a care recipient’s fees or if a refund may be due. Further information was provided in Newsletter Issue 16.
Decrease to MPIR from 1 October 2021
The maximum permissible interest rate (MPIR) will decrease to 4.01% for the period from 1 October to 31 December 2021 for calculating:
- accommodation prices
- interest on refunds of accommodation lump sum balances
View current and past rates of the MPIR.
What you need to do
Providers must ensure:
- their published accommodation prices on the My Aged Care website are up to date. If you have any questions contact the My Aged Care service provider and assessor helpline on 1800 836 799.
- the accommodation prices published on their own website and in relevant written materials are up to date.
Thank you for your ongoing support of senior Australians