This webinar is for Queensland residential aged care workers to get information about COVID19 vaccines and vaccine safety, find out how to access a priority COVID-19 vaccination and to understand more about mandatory COVID-19 vaccination and how it will be applied from 17 September 2021.
The main purpose of the webinar is to answer questions residential aged care workers might have on COVID-19 vaccination and on the QLD public health order on mandatory COVID-19 vaccination in residential aged care, which was released on 17 August.
The host will be Commonwealth Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Professor Michael Kidd AM and panellists include:
- Dr James Smith, Deputy Chief Health Officer
- David Harmer, Senior Director, Social Policy and Legislation Branch, QLD Health
- Lisa Peterson, Assistant Secretary, Commonwealth Department of Health
- Kate Veach, Assistant Secretary, Queensland Nurses and Midwives Union (QNMU)
- Paul Mitchell, Acting Professional Officer, QNMU
Panellists will cover topics such as:
- why it is so important to get vaccinated against COVID-19
- how workers can access priority Pfizer vaccinations ahead of the 17 September deadline
- how workers will be supported to be vaccinated by their workplace and government
- some of reasons workers might feel hesitant about getting vaccinated and how they can feel more assured
- how mandatory COVID-19 vaccination will apply in the state of Queensland.
Participants can submit questions to VacTaskForceAgedCare_Comms@Health.gov.au any time before the webinar. Please include ‘QLD Webinar’ in the subject of your email.
Participants can also submit questions during the live webinar, and this can be anonymously if preferred.
All residential aged care facilities are asked to circulate information on the webinar to all workers (including all full time and casual workers, contractors, volunteers engaged by facilities and students on placement) and to encourage attendance – particularly by those who are yet to receive their vaccination.
This is an excellent opportunity for residential aged care workers to have any concerns addressed directly.
Please note the webinar format will enable up to 1000 participants to join the live webinar. The webinar will be recorded and made available on the health.gov.au website.
The details to join the webinar are provided below. You can join on your computer or mobile device or by phone.
When: Friday 27 August 2021
Time: The webinar will start promptly at 2.00pm - 3.00pm AEST
Join from the event link
Note This Link Will Take You Directly into The Webinar At 2.00pm.
(If you click on the link prior oo 2.00pm it will show a start time of 6pm Friday – This simply reflects the expiry date of the link)