All in-home and community aged care workers in South Australia are invited to a special live webinar on Wednesday 17 November from 12:00pm – 1:00pm SA time (ACDT).
The webinar will support South Australian in-home and community aged care workers, including volunteers and subcontractors, to:
- find out more about South Australia’s public health direction on mandatory COVID-19 vaccination for aged care workers and how it applies to them
- get information about COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine safety
- find out how to access a priority COVID-19 vaccination.
The webinar will have a live Q&A discussion to answer questions workers might have on COVID-19 vaccination and on the SA public health direction for mandatory COVID-19 vaccination for in-home and community aged care workers.
Acting Assistant Secretary, COVID-19 Vaccine Aged Care, Cathy Haffner will host the webinar with panellists including:
- Dr Emily Kirkpatrick, Deputy Chief Medical Officer / Deputy Chief Public Health Officer for SA Health
- Beverly Barber, COVID-19 Vaccine Department for Health and Wellbeing, SA Health
- Russell Herald, Assistant Secretary, Home Support Operations, Department of Health
- Rachel Frost, Director, Home Care and Assessments Branch, Department of Health
- Union Representative.
Panellists will cover topics such as:
- why it is so important to get vaccinated against COVID-19
- how the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for aged care workers in the South Australia applies to them
- how workers can access priority vaccinations
- how workers will be supported to be vaccinated by their workplace
- grant opportunities available for employers to support their workers to get vaccinated
- some of reasons workers might feel hesitant about getting vaccinated and how they be reassured.
Participants can submit questions to VacTaskForceAgedCare_Comms@Health.gov.au any time before the webinar. Please note “SA Webinar” in the subject heading of your email.
Participants can also submit written questions during the live webinar.
This is an excellent opportunity for in-home and community aged care workers to have any concerns addressed directly.
The webinar will be recorded and made available on the health.gov.au website.
The details to join the webinar are provided below. You do not need to register in advance and the webinar is free.
Join by personal device or computer:
Event number: 2653 877 0088
Event password: 9876 (9876 from phones)
Join by phone
+61-2-9338-2221 Australia Toll
Access code: 265 387 70088