This webinar is hosted by Leading Age Services Australia and Aged and Community Services Australia.
The workforce pressures experienced by residential aged care due to the impact of the Omicron variant has been the most challenging of the whole COVID-19 pandemic.
The Australian Defence Force has personnel in all jurisdictions to support residential aged care facilities impacted by COVID-19. Please refer to the attached fact sheet.
Join this webinar to hear from the ADF what their staff can do at your service. Learn how you can access this support and best take advantage of this injection of workforce into the sector. You’ll be able to ask questions to test whether the ADF staff would be appropriate for you.
You'll be able to express interest in this service through your Commonwealth case officer and through a network of ADF liaison support staff who will be working with ACSA and LASA staff.
Teams of ADF personnel including Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses and general duties can be deployed to RACFs to supplement both clinical and non-clinical workforce. These teams are generally deployed for a one-week duration. Configurations of these teams can be flexible to meet the RACFs needs.
General duties teams
Teams of ADF general duties personnel can assist with non-clinical duties such as:
- resident communication with families
- meal delivery
- general cleaning
- staff and visitor screening
- administration and logistics.
While these are not clinical teams, they can reduce the burden on your clinical staff by taking on non-clinical functions.
Who should attend?
CEOs, IPC leads and senior residential aged care staff.
- Nicole Jarvis PSM, First Assistant Secretary, Department of Health
- Deputy Commander, Brigadier Brendan Casey, Australian Defence Force
- Lieutenant Commander Tom Miller, Australian Defence Force.
Monday 21 February 2022.
1.00pm – 2:00pm AEDT
- Queensland – 12:00pm – 1.00pm AEST
- South Australia – 12:30pm – 1.30pm ACDT
- Northern Territory – 11:30am – 12.30pm ACST
- Western Australia – 10:00am – 11.00am AWST
Register online at www.lasa.asn.au/events. Registration is free.
How to join
Webinar – join using your computer, tablet or smartphone
Contact LASA on 1300 111 636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.