You can view the webinar at Australian Defence Support to Residential Aged Care – YouTube.
The one hour webinar, which includes a Q&A session, featured the following panellists:
- Nicole Jarvis PSM, First Assistant Secretary, Department of Health
- Deputy Commander, Brigadier Brendan Casey, Australian Defence Force
- Lieutenant Commander Tom Miller, Australian Defence Force
- Heather Gray OAM, CEO, Coburg Home for the Aged
- Mercedes Benjamin, Manager, Coptic Village Hostel Inc.
Hosted by Leading Age Services Australia (LASA) and Aged and Community Services Australia (ACSA), the webinar provides information for providers on:
- the deployment of ADF personnel to support residential aged care facilities impacted by COVID-19 including Medical Teams and General Duties Teams
- how the ADF teams are providing support in residential aged care facilities
- first-hand experiences from provider perspectives on the support provided by ADF teams and the very positive impact on residents and workers
- what to consider in requesting ADF support
- how to request ADF support through your Department of Health case manager.
Further information is also available in the fact sheet – Australian Defence Force support to residential aged care facilities.