This webinar is for Victorian residential aged care workers to get information about COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine safety, find out how to access a priority COVID-19 vaccination and to understand more about mandatory COVID-19 vaccination and how it will be applied from 17 September 2021.
The main purpose of the webinar is to answer questions residential aged care workers might have on COVID-19 vaccination and on the Victorian Public Health Order on mandatory COVID-19 vaccination in residential aged care which will be released soon.
The host will be Commonwealth Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Professor Michael Kidd and panellists include:
- Emma Catford, Deputy Secretary, Victorian Department of Health
- Deborah Friedman, Duty Chief Health Officer, Victorian Department of Health
- Lisa Peterson, Assistant Secretary, Commonwealth Department of Health
- A representative from the Australian Nurses and Midwifery Federation
- A representative from the Australian Health Services Union (HSU)
Panellists will cover topics such as:
- why it is so important to get vaccinated against COVID-19
- how workers can access priority Pfizer vaccinations ahead of the 17 September deadline
- how workers will be supported to be vaccinated by their workplace and government
- some of reasons workers might feel hesitant about getting vaccinated and how they can feel more assured
- how mandatory COVID-19 vaccination will apply in Victoria.
The details to join the webinar are provided below.
When: Friday 10 September 2021
Time: The webinar will start promptly at 2:00pm AEST
Join from the event link
Event number: 2652 338 1988
Event password: pxGW83WP77h (79498397 from phones)
Join by phone
02 9338 2221 (Toll free)
If required: Access code: 265 233 81988
Department of Health