Services Australia has released the new Aged Care Calculation of your cost of care (SA486) digital form. Your clients can fill it in online, print and sign it and send it to Services Australia with their supporting documents. The digital form uses dynamic questions tailored to the customers' individual circumstances.
For clients who would prefer to use our simplified paper forms, they are as follows:
- Home Care Package Calculation of your cost of care (SA456)
- Residential Aged Care Calculation of your cost of care (SA457)
- Residential Aged Care Property details for Centrelink and DVA customers (SA485).
Customers commencing a Home Care Package don't need to fill in a form if they get a means tested income support payment from Centrelink or DVA.
Customers entering Residential Care don't need to fill in a form if they:
- get a means tested income support payment, and
- don't own their own home.
It is important to make sure their income and assets are up to date when they enter into care to ensure their assessment can be completed automatically. They can do this by accessing their Centrelink online account or by calling Centrelink on 132 300 or DVA on 1800 555 254.