Schedule of fees and charges that will take effect from 1 January 2021
An update of the schedules for residential and home care fees and charges will take effect from 1 January 2021.
View the updated Schedule of Fees and Charges for:
- Residential and home care recipients who started care on or after 1 July 2014
- Residential and home care recipients who started care before 1 July 2014.
Services Australia’s quarterly review of fees and charges for all aged care recipients will take effect from 1 January 2021. Aged care recipients and providers will receive letters letting them know if there is a change to a care recipient’s fees and charges or if a refund may be due.
MPIR from 1 January 2021
The maximum permissible interest rate (MPIR) will decrease to 4.02% for the period from 1 January to 31 March 2021 for calculating:
- accommodation prices
- interest on refunds of accommodation lump sum balances
View current and past MPIRs.
Providers must ensure:
- their published accommodation prices on the My Aged Care website are up to date. If you have any questions call the My Aged Care service desk on 1800 836 799
- the accommodation prices published on their own website and in relevant written materials are up to date.
Department of Health