An update of the schedules for residential and home care fees and charges and subsidies and supplements will take effect from 20 September 2020. The new schedules are now available on the department’s website.
Services Australia’s quarterly review of fees and charges for all care recipients will be effective from 20 September 2020. Care recipients and providers will receive letters letting them know if there is a change to a care recipient’s fees and charges or if a refund may be due.
Schedule of fees and charges
View the updated Schedule of Fees and Charges for:
- Residential and home care recipients who started care on or after 1 July 2014
- Residential and home care recipients who started care before 1 July 2014
Schedule of subsidies and supplements
View the updated Schedule of Subsidies and Supplements. This update continues, from 1 September 2020, the temporary increases to the viability supplement and to the homeless supplement which had ended on 31 August 2020.
No change to MPIR from 1 October 2020
The maximum permissible interest rate (MPIR) will remain at 4.10% for the period from 1 October to 31 December 2020 for calculating:
- accommodation prices
- interest on refunds of accommodation lump sum balances.
View current and past rates of the MPIR.
Providers must ensure:
- their published accommodation prices on the My Aged Care website are up to date. If you have any questions contact the My Aged Care service desk on 1800 836 799.
- the accommodation prices published on their own website and in relevant written materials are up to date.